All data subjects whose personal data is collected in line with the requirements of the GDPR.
2.1 The person responsible for GDPR is responsible for ensuring that this notice is made available to data subjects prior to ITS Congresses collecting/processing their personal data.
2.2 All Employees/Staff of ERTICO ITS EUROPE who interact with data subjects are responsible for ensuring that this notice is drawn to the data subject’s attention and their consent to the processing of their data is secured.
3. Privacy notice
3.1 Who are we?
ERTICO – ITS Europe is a partnership of around 100 companies and institutions involved in the production of Intelligent Transport Systems. Together, ERTICO Partners conduct a range of activities to develop and deploy ITS to save lives, protect the environment and sustain mobility in the most cost-effective way.
The personal data we collect through
- Event registrations through a third party supplier
- Data opt in forms on website
- Newsletter sign up links on Social Media
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- To contact about future Congresses and events
- To communicate information about current events
- Delivery of the ITS Congresses Newsletter
Certain third parties may have access to your data on our systems. These parties include:
- MCI: Managers of the Registration Platform for the 2019 ITS European Congress
- Brintex: Managers of the exhibition and exhibition registrations of the 2019 ITS European Congress
- The Social Effect: Designs on MailChimp account
- The Publishing Bureau: Helping us to facilitate our organisation of the Congress
Non of these companies are authorized by us to process your data for another purpose than what we have specified to them.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for ERTICO – ITS Europe to process personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button in any of our emails, or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to unsubscribe from any further communications.
We do not transfer data to countries outside of the EEA unless appropriate safeguards (Enforced by standard model contracts) are in place.
3.4 Retention period
ERTICO – ITS Europe will process personal data for three years and will store the personal data for three years as long as the subject is actively receiving and acting upon contact from ERTICO – ITS Europe.
3.5 Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that ERTICO – ITS Europe refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in 3.4 above) in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by ERTICO – ITS Europe (or third parties as described in 3.4 above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Organisation Name’s data protection representatives Data Protection Officer.
The details for each of these contacts are:
ERTICO – ITS Europe
326 Avenue Louise
Telephone: +32 2 400 07 54
3.7 Privacy statement
Read more about how and why we use your data here:
Exhibitor Portal: I understand and agree that the above data supplied may be held and used by the organiser of this event ERTICO – ITS Europe, and any official third party provider acting on its behalf, in order to run the event and to improve the event experience for exhibitors.
Visitor Registration: I understand and agree that my personal data may be held and used by the organiser of this event ERTICO – ITS Europe, and any third party hosting provider acting on its behalf, in order to run the event and for analysing visitor traffic with a view to improving the event experience for visitors.
Website: I understand and agree that the above data supplied may be held and used by the organiser of this event ERTICO – ITS Europe, and any official third party provider acting on its behalf, in order to run the event and to improve the event experience. I consent to this personal data being used to contact me about their products or services and understand that this partner or sponsor may transfer this data outside of the European Union for these purposes and I consent to such transfer of my data.
4. Online privacy statement
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, ERTICO – ITS Europe, will collect and use your personal data for retargeting, cookies, subscriptions, registrations, stand bookings and relevant supplier services.
Why does ERTICO – ITS Europe need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you relevant event information we need to collect personal data for ensuring customers have the optimal event experience. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Will ERTICO – ITS Europe share my personal data with anyone else?
Yes, we may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contract ERTICO – ITS Europe in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to enhance customers’ event experience. When they no longer need your data to fulfill this service, they will dispose of the details in line with ERTICO – ITS Europe procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will ERTICO – ITS Europe use the personal data it collects about me?
ERTICO – ITS Europe will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Forest Exhibitions Ltd is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will ERTICO – ITS Europe contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
ERTICO – ITS Europe at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If ERTICO – ITS Europe does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of ERTICO – ITS Europe or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation,
information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
ERTICO – ITS Europe accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:Passport, driving licence or National ID Card
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner:
GDPR Owner contact details
Address: ERTICO – ITS Europe, 326 Avenue Louise, Brussels, 1050
Telephone: +32 2 400 07 54
Document Owner and Approval
The Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner is the owner of this document and is responsible for ensuring that this record is reviewed in line with the review requirements of the GDPR.